Compact wheel loaders continue to grow in popularity as contractors discover their many attributes: how they can dump higher, travel faster and turn tighter than skid steers and compact track loaders. And did we mention they do all this with a smaller engine and great fuel economy?
Bobcat’s latest entries into the compact wheel loader field include the L65 and L85 with standard bucket capacities of up to 1 cubic yard and a Z-bar front linkage. In addition to buckets and pallet forks, the new loaders hook up to a wide range of Bobcat tools and attachments using the powered Bob-Tach system.
The new loaders run on a redesigned Tier 4 Final Bobcat engine with improved cold-weather starting capability and components simplified for routine maintenance. The 2.4-liter turbocharged diesel engines put out 55 and 68 horsepower on the L65 and L85, respectively. The attachment control mode enables you to vary the engine and travel speeds separately to optimize auxiliary hydraulic performance.
Bobcat L85 compact wheel loaderDoosan BobcatA large fuel filter protects the engine from contamination and results in a longer filter life and increased holding capacity. The lift pump and self-priming fuel system offers continuous forced air outflow and eliminates the need for a primer bulb. And a pre-filter protects the lift pump from debris and particles that increase wear and degrade performance.
Articulated steering on the new L65 and L85 loaders delivers high maneuverability and a tight turning radius. The electronic hydrostatic transmission (E-HST) makes quick forward-reverse direction changes efficiently, increasing acceleration and delivering seamless speed control. The combination of the E-HST transmission and horsepower management automatically adjusts the loaders’ drive system to maximize pushing and loading power while minimizing the chance of stalling. Unlike other anti-stall systems, operators can maximize engine and drive torque on the L65 and L85 to match the demands of heavy lifting and digging.
Standard features include two-speed travel, differential lock, inching pedal, LED work lights, bucket level indicator and a 5-inch display with jog shuttle. Upgrade options include an attachment control device (seven pin connector), automatic ride control, enclosed cab with HVAC, rearview camera and a cloth suspension seat.
• Rated Operating Capacity with Bucket (Straight) 3,133 lb.
• Rated Operating Capacity with Bucket (Articulated) 2,618 lb.
• Rated Operating Capacity with Forks (Straight) 3,759 lb.
• Rated Operating Capacity with Forks (Articulated) 3,172 lb.
• Operating Weight 9,944 lb.
• Auxiliary Std Flow 19.8 gpm
Bobcat L85 >
• Rated Operating Capacity with Bucket (Straight) 3,974 lb.
• Rated Operating Capacity with Bucket (Articulated) 3,257 lb.
• Rated Operating Capacity with Forks (Straight) 4,786 lb.
• Rated Operating Capacity with Forks (Articulated) 3,977 lb.
• Operating Weight 11,164 lb.
• Auxiliary High Flow 27.34 gpm